Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Awake in the middle of the night.

This entire week I've been awake at night. I must tell you that it's getting old. I guess that it's good that I was depressed and slept all weekend.
Today, Mom's lift failed and she fell down on the ground. Firemen (I suppose) had to come help her up. Right there is every reason for me to lose weight. I don't know if I can do it. But I'm really going to try again. I bought that fab book about emotional eating and after days of, "alright, I totally get this," I haven't been able to make myself read any more. Really think I should go try. Maybe it'll make me go to sleep.
Tonight, I didn't eat junk (like normal). I just ate a normal (to large-ish) amount of decent food. Salad and some green chile stew and beans. That's not bad, is it? No tortilla. It went down fine. I bought myself a salad for tomorrow's lunch. Oh, and today for lunch I had soup. I think I did ok for today.
Tomorrow I can worry about tomorrow.
I really need to get some exercise in, though.
I'm having trouble with Bshe. She has such high energy, I feel guilty that I don't take her for more walks. But when I do, I fight for control the entire time. I need to get to the gym. That's what I really need to do. (Oh, I'm getting a headache.. maybe some fake tylenol pm? That might be just the ticket!)
This is probably everyone's question, but how do I translate good intentions into results?
To semi-quote Rob Schneider in the Scott Bakula movie I love, "Let's see what I do."
-Note- he says, "let's see what they do..." I can totally hear him. I love it.

No comments: