Saturday, July 09, 2011

End of First Day

Ok.  Let's check in and see how I did.
  • I got my dishwasher installed.  I'm going to count that as a check mark.
  • I tried out the dishwasher.  I think I might love it.  Check mark
  • I Did go grocery shopping (and I didn't use the rollie cart even though my knee is crazy).  And I did make breakfast for dad and a healthy omelet for me.  Double Check Mark!
  • I did print off my homework material.  I did not read it, but plan to before bed. But, really, that would be an extra check mark as I only had the intention of printing it, which I did.  Check mark.
  • I did not buy a shredder.  BUT I did find one at mom's and brought it home.  So, 1) I saved money, 2) I got rid of something at mom's and 3) I did get a shredder. So go Triple Check Mark!!!
  • I did do at least 15 minutes of work at dad's.  I cleared off the king bed and put the spongee-mattress thingee on and covered the mattress with a new mattress pad.  I threw out some trash (while in the process of clearing the bed).  -the stupid dryer quit working, so I don't know what we're going to do about that... but that's a different thing.  So.  Check mark.
  • I did do (and was in a really pissy mood) my 15 minutes here in my room.  I folded some bedding and put it away and hung some (very few) clothes.  But it was the required 15 minutes and as G's mom likes to say, "As the monkey who peed in the ocean says, 'Every little bit helps.'" And so it does.  Check mark.
  • I did go to the movies with Mon and Alb. Enjoyable check mark.  I also got my free meal from Paradise -so bonus there!
Also: must stick to the original milestone birthday edict.  Must moisturize, sunscreen-itize, brush and do not forget, floss!  So I ran outta here like a crazy and had yesterday's clothes on.  So I did not sunscreen before I left.  But I came home and showered and then Did sunscreen.  However, I totally did forget to moisturize legs and feet.  Oh, well.

Not bad for the first day of intentions. Not bad at all.

I am having a rough day, though.  I came home and got very angry because the girls had made a big mess - and chewed up some medicine bottles.  They did not seem to get into them, so they are safe.  But they also chewed on the new Mio thing I bought.  And got it all over the carpet.  So it looks like I severely cut myself and bled all over the living room.  And the Mio was fairly expensive and I didn't like it very much, so I probably won't buy a new one.  What a waste.
And I knew they were acting out.  And I was angry at Mc because I've been concerned for some time that he isn't spending enough time with them.  And isn't that why he's here?  That's probably not fair, but honestly.  That's how I am feeling.  He came in for a split second and I asked him if he was spending any time with the girls.  And he replied, "I probably spend more time with them than you do."  And it was a jab back.  And I said yeah.  And he left.  But then I was even angrier.  Because I spend almost no time with the girls.  But that's not my choice.  I can't seem to find another way.  I am very busy -- all of the time.  What am I supposed to do?  I have to work - I have to take care of dad.  And I just kept getting more and more angry.  And figured that basically he was saying that he spent no time with them as I spend no time with them. 
I sat up and watched more than an hour of Ruby.  I was kind of waiting for him.  But I knew he wouldn't come.  He didn't and I gave up.  My anger has faded - but probably mostly because I had a shit-ton of jelly beans.  That is the other thing.  I had a shit-ton of jelly beans.  I must stop.
I am getting very tired (prob sugar crash).  And I still have my nightly routine (part of the grand edict) to do.  So I'm gonna go.  But I'll be right back here in the morning.  With intention.

No comments: