Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Slight Hopefulness. Like butterfly wings.

I went to Sprouts this evening. It was kind of exciting to be there buying healthy fare. I hope it means good things. Fruit. I love fruit. I bought apples and pears and nectarines and plums. MMMmmm. I purchased cage-free eggs and fat-free cheese. Mmm on the eggs. Umm on the fat-free cheese. But so much bettah for you (well maybe not you but me). I had cheese crips the other night and let me say: full on fat cheese and me are no longer on speaking terms. Well, at least not the the extent we were. I mean, we were full on lovers. Now we just slightly pet.
I wanna build little snackie-lunchie things. I quite excited by it. Damn that Starbucks. ;)
I've bought a power protein-y thing from the bucks of star yesterday. It had a hard-boiled egg, a mini-bagel w/pb, apple slices and a little cheese with some grapes. Today I had more of a freshie fruitie/cheese plate. Cheddar and asiago and brie with apple slices and grapes. Oh, and a little of their drier-than-fuck cranberry, raisin, walnut loaf that I stuck some of the leftover pb on.
No pressure. But I'm excited for B to move back. We can have healthy salads and lovely meals at home, for super cheap because they might actually get eaten. Hmmm. Ohmm.

Work was interesting-ish. Had computer training with a different lady. Kim or barbara or . . . Pat? Pat maybe. She was nice. And we had Angel, who was annoying. But at least I wasn't sitting there by myself. With the trainer. Which is what happened in the afternoon and which will happen tomorrow and for the rest of the week and continuing on for quite sometime apparently. ANYhoo- about Angel. She was trying to be helpful. And was the opposite. AND sOOOO reminded me of me 20 years ago (note: that was not a typo). Kinda knew it all and would try to be helpful. And would be exuberant (read super-hyper) (( actually just went to dictionary.com and exuberant - 1. effusively and almost uninhibitedly enthusiastic; lavishly abundant. 2. abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous. - that's all good. I wasn't always complimented as such. BUT that really was me. )) anyway. me being super hyper. Always. And wanted people to like me and had wild mood swings from depth of despair to the exuberance we were just discussing. (Or rather, I was writing because this isn't a conversation. Except for maybe me with me. ) Later, I was glad she was gone (Angel and me). But was a little sad (I wax poetic about the loss of my youth) not so much for Angel (just a little).

Let's get back to the food. Yes, let's. I am hopeful that I will get back on program and live happily ever after. Anyone else have hope lately? It shoud be "Got Hope?" and not mean anything Gesus-ie. I'm gonna try for the sleep. I have hope for that, as well. Wish me luck.

No comments: