Monday, September 12, 2011

And it's Monday again.

I stayed up pretty late with Mc playing games and then I was still working on my laundry. So I slept in this morning a bit.

And then, Go!
I had to rush around getting ready and go to the grocery so I could make dad breakfast.

I wanted to take the girls and this probably wasn't the best idea, but I did take them. And my extra pair of keys and left them in the car with the engine running in the shade pretty far out in the parking lot at the grocery. It's too hot to leave them in the car with out the a/c running. So that's what I did. It is probably one of the stupidest things I've done in recent history. It all worked out, however. My car was not stolen. My girls were not stolen. So we're fine.

We went to Dad's and I asked Dad what he wanted for breakie and he decided cereal. Ok with me! I didn't think I could stomach eggs anyway. I watered some and cleaned some and started a load of laundry.

Came back just in time for my friend/workman to arrive and we traipsed off to Home Depot. We got the garbage disposal, looked at lights, ceiling fans, and got completely confused at the water filters. I really need to replace the filters on my water thingee.

So here I am. - He decided that he should re-wire the whatchamacallit under the sink (!?!?) and so he's gone for a minute back to the store. This is gonna cost me.

I need to quiet those fears and just trust that he knows what he's doing and is doing the best job for me and for the most economical outcome. Amen. (You know, I just looked up that word because it seemed it had a little religious connotation and I didn't really want that so I was looking in the thesaurus and the definition is "so be it." That's really nice. I didn't know that at the end of a prayer we are all saying "so be it" or as Jean Luc Picard would say, "make it so." Another one I could use would be "just so." I like that one too.)

My plan to day was a simple one. Make breakie for Dad. Get garbage disposal fixed. Work on stuff. It's just all the other stuff to get to that planned for stuff that takes some time.

I hope everyone's Monday is as painless as possible. Let's hope we don't get distracted by the "other" stuff, the pre-stuff, and we get to do what we really intended to do today. That will be good. Let's not get distracted from what is important. Can I get an "amen"?

No comments: