Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Survival: Day One review - Day Two preview

I did survive and it wasn't too bad.
I just deleted a three-paragraph rant about my sister and ATMs. But you didn't need to read all that. Suffice it to say: Don't trust ATMs. Sister is nothing but a big ball of irritation to me.

Had Delicious salad and fish at Outback. (This is not a paid endorsement.) I just really like their blue cheese wedge salad. I often just go to have that salad and a cup of soup. It's not a bad price when you do that.

Went to the teeny trailer. And No Electricity. And many, many mosquito bites. We ended up coming into a nearby town to a motel and checking in. Nothing fancy but a price we could afford, so ok.

I have to admit: I slept in my clothes again. AND I forgot my toothbrush at home. :/ You are *so* lucky to be reading this and not here in person where I'd be telling you this. My teeth feel GroSs! I did take a shower this morning so I should not offend. You know this girl's got to bathe at least once a day. You know that this girl often bathes multiple times daily.
Also: I didn't remember to bring the sunscreen. I did for the face stuff so ok - but not the all over stuff. I put a little of the face stuff on my arms. (Stuff is Too Expensive to really slather on.)

So - overall? I survived. Got to do more than just survive, though. Need to be living with intention - living and working towards goals that will let me truly live a more complete life--in all its glory and all its gore (gory glory?). I need to begin to crack open all life's promises, in all its technicolor and majesty. There is no one but me who can do that for me. It's all me, baby.

Today's Goal: Survival.

It's true. I just wrote all this good, better, best intention stuff (see above) and my goal for today? To survive. Bummer.

I had a client coming in. She's super nice - and I left her file in the big city. We took it with us last time we were here so we could seek guidance. Oh, well. She wasn't really prepared, either. I told her what we still needed and advised her to come back/email/call if she received the needed items - or didn't. Why waste the gas coming here if it were going to be a "hello" and just a status update. Although, she is very pleasant.

Had worker bee come in to visit that cannot work for us anymore. He brought in ideas for what may work out. But - less than ideal to be sure.

Did sister's stupid favor. (I'm not bitter.)

Those are all done. For the rest of the day we need to discover why we do NOT have working electricity.

Ok. That's what we have to do. Figure out the electricity and see about getting it fixed. Go!

No comments: