Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 2011

I made it through a day of no sugar!

It's really quite difficult.

For example - there are no breads offered at Wal-mart that do Not have sugar in them. As a matter of fact, it has gotten so bad that sugar is now the third ingredient in most (probably more than 90%) of the brands/kinds of bread. And these were the "whole" grain or wheat kinds. The kinds that are supposed to be healthy! A couple of the types had sugar or high fructose corn syrup as the second ingredient! Ummm.. what??

I ended up purchasing the bread that had sugar listed farthest down on the list - and then I did Not have a sandwich as planned, just a salad. I did have a helluva lot of cheese. So much Fat! Oh, well. One thing at a time, I suppose.

I seriously almost caved late last night as the chocolate chip cookies were staring at me. But my laziness prevailed and I did not eat them. I think. I had a dream that I did - but I'm pretty sure it was a dream as the cookies were not moved or disturbed from their place.
_________________

I have a terrible feeling today. Ever heard of a sinking feeling? Well, that's what I've got.

Also: I still have to report that anytime someone says my mother's name, I break inside. Mostly it's my dad mentioning this or that about her, what she did or what she didn't like. It kills me and I ache.

Another thing that sets me off - beyond consolation is grandmother stuff. The thought of my kids never meeting her just rips me up, tears me into little shreds and I splinter and catch on fire as the lava flows into my lungs.

Yeah, this is so much fun, right?

So enough of that!

What can I post that would be better? I should mention the above is completely absurd as I don't have kids and at this point, I may never have them. Yeah. That wasn't cheery. We'll move on.
______________________

I should probably point out that a really cool thing is happening. Not around here - but hopefully it will make its way all the way across this country. Next stop the world!

Occupy Wall Street

It's wicked cool and I wish I were there to support them. Actually - to support us. It's for me too. I'm certainly not in the 1%. That being the wealthiest of the wealthy. The top 1% own more than 40% of the worlds wealth.

Now, that being said, I am one of those people who do want to have the wealth redistributed. I believe that we should all be able to live and not have to go hungry or live in the elements. I am Not a Robin Hood type that wants to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

I think people who are wealthy should be able to enjoy it. They should be able to have a nice house (crazy big, with gold plated crapper) and a nice car or two, if they want it. I do NOT believe that they should have more than they or their children or their children's children could possibly spend in a lifetime.

It's ok (IMHO) for people to be successful and to make a buck. I'm just saying that we all should be able to make a living wage. Accumulation of wealth is nice - but there are other people who may need your help. Helping them will not diminish you. Something to think about.

I wasn't trying to preach, I was just trying to give my opinion. Make a buck, take care of you and yours, and then give back. It's a cycle that would serve everyone well.
_______________

It's the end of September and I haven't anything to show for it. I did have a really nice time going cross country and I hope to get to repeat that sometime soon.
Work is so busy and I can't seem to concentrate. I'd better get my act in gear.

So far today, I haven't had any sugar and have done some work. Not a lot, but some. Ok. Got to get on the ball. I have a client coming in in about a half an hour.

So much to do!

No comments: