Monday, September 12, 2011

Late Sunday/Really Early Monday


So the List for Today was:

  • Get a pedicure with friends. Check Mark.
  • Go to the grocery. Check Mark.
  • Make dinner, transport everything to aunt's. Have dinner. Clean up, transport everything back. Clean up. Check Mark. (Mostly.)
  • Do laundry. Check Mark. -That's why I'm still up.
  • Work on clothes sitch in room. Yeah. NO check for me.
  • Clean bedding. Check Mark. -It's in the dryer Right Now!
Mostly, I think these items (except for dinner with my aunt - well, maybe that too) was to try to make me feel better. I've been so shaky and sad these last few days.
I was wondering if I should try to tough out the 6 months no insurance (5 more to go) or do the HIPAA thing - no break in your insurance and pay outrageous premiums but they can't say no - and they cover everything. But then I actually thought about it. Last time I did that - it was when I ran out of Cobra before. I was paying $932 a month premium. And that was 5 years ago. It will be way over a thousand (American!) now. I cannot do that. No matter how you look at it, I cannot do that.

So, I am going to have to muddle through. That means hunkering down and really not letting this thing overpower me and win.

Today started out v rough. I was crying almost entire way to pedicure place. But spent some good time with laurel and then M and I went to lunch. Quality time.
Aaaaannnd then I rushed around like an idiot having to do all the things for the dinner tonight.
Then had nice discussions around dinner table (kitchen counter, as it were). And Mc and I played some board games until quite late tonight. (One Bummer! I broke (as in completely shattered.. we'll still be finding glass several years from now) the lid to the corning wear.)
But I'm feeling hopeful or at least not terrible so I'm going to go with it and think today was a pretty good day.

Also: my weird enchilada casserole was interesting and edible and yummy overall. Everything else was tasty too (even if I did burn the Spanish rice).

I hope everybody out there was able to feel some peace on this particular day. It was a sad day to be sure, but also a day to see how resilient we are. As Simon Pegg tweeted today: Good Morning. Peace and Love. I hope we have peace and love. I wish you peace and love. We could all use some of that.
-

No comments: